Prof. Martin Brauß
Head of the Opera and Concert Diploma Programme
- Prof. Brauß was born in Mannheim, Germany in 1958.
- He studied Music Education with applied majors in piano, violin and voice. In addition he studied German language and literature and philosophy in Heidelberg/Mannheim and Hannover. While still a student, he was appointed artistic assistant to Prof. Heinz Hennig, Knabenchor Hannover making recordings with them for the labels Harmonia mundi, Teldec, etc.).
- Further studies in conducting took him to work with Prof. Rolf Reuter, Director of the Komische Oper Berlin.
- 1982 - 1988 - He founded and conducted the choir of the Medizinische Hochschule Hannover
- 1985 he was awarded 2. Prize ex aequo as Lied accompanist at the International Brahms Competition in Hamburg and he continues to be in demand as an accompanist.
- From 1985 to 1999 he was conductor of the Jugendsinfonieorchester Hannover
- 1987 - 1992 He was named assistant to the musical director, assistant choirmaster and concert dramaturg at the Niedersächsische Staatsoper Hannover; u.a. where he conducted innumerable repertoire productions.
- 1988 - 1991 As head conductor of the Niedersächsischen Kammeroper, he conducted national and international tours and guest performances, including numerous operetta productions.
- From 1989 - 1998 he conducted Hannoversche Oratorienchor, a state-supported ensemble, (Städtischer Chor), regularly performing the symphonic oratorios in co-operation with the Niedersächsisches Staatsorchester Hannover, also taking the choir on annual concert tours with various programmes of sacred and secular a capella selections from the Renaissance to contemorary works.
- He has made radio and CD recordings with various ensembles, regular concertizing as conductor both national and internationally and co-operated regularly with ensembles for contemporary music, e.g. Musica viva Hannover, Ensemble Köln, Neues Ensemble Hannover; free-lance conducting of opera productions such as "Eshi" von A. Nishimura, "Max und Moritz" von K. Tchemberdji.
- In 1992 he wascalled to a Professorship für Musik Theory at the Hochschule für Musik und Theater Hannover
- 1995-2003 Head of the Artistic Diploma Programme for instrumentalists, from 1999-2004 he assumed one of the Vice-Presidencies of the Hochschule and since 2000, he has been intensely involved in IFF - Institut zur Frühförderung musikalisch Hochbegabter.
- In 2002, he moved from the theory to the Opera/Conducting department, where he now regularly conducts opera productions, teaches conducting and vocal coaching, repertoire studies for singers, and is responsible for examination concerts and CD recordings for graduates from the Solo Diploma programme.
Prof. Martin Brauß
Phone: +49 (0)511 3100-253
E-Mail: Prof. Martin Brauß
Studiengangsleitung Dirigieren (B.A. und M.A.), Grundstudium Gesang/Oper (Diplom), Direktor IFF, Sprecher der Fachgruppe Dirigieren/Chor- und Orchesterleitung
Last modified: 2015-08-26To top