Which level of German do I need?

If you do not have a German certificate of qualification for admission to higher education or a German higher education degree you need to present a German language certificate. You need the level B2 (European language level) which corresponds to either Test Daf 3 or DSH 1 in order to study at the HMTMH (Music artistic/performance programs). The certificate must be presented at the beginning of your studies.

For the solo class programme you do not need a language certificate.

Please have a look at our information on the Music-DSH!

Find out which level of German you have!

Overview of Language Schools in Hannover

An exemplary overview of possible providers of language courses in Hanover can be found here.



International Office
Nathalie Lex

Loebensteinstr. 2
30175 Hannover
Room E 005

Tel.: +49 (0)511 3100-7369

Office Hours:
Monday-Friday: 10:00h -12:00h

International Office

At the IJK:
Tanja Fisse
ERASMUS departemental coordinator of the IJK
Expo Plaza 12
30539 Hannover
Tel.: +49 (0)511 3100-474
Tanja Fisse

IJK partner universities

Last modified: 2023-10-18

To top